Sunday, May 16, 2010

5.10.10

Portland sucks when you have no job and little money. There are some cool things to do and see, but it seems like everything takes cash to do it.

I had three first interviews and two second interviews last week, but I feel no closer to employment than I was was a week and a half ago. To top things off, Saturday afternoon my computer completely broke. So as of right now I have no functioning computer, which means no internet and no way to job search.

I did, however, go to the Reiche Branch of the Portland Library System to check my e-mail and new job postings (the main branch is closed on Mondays). Unfortunately, no new positions had been posted.

Luckily, I talked to the "Geek Squad" at Best Buy and the people at Dell and within the week my computer should be back. I am going to lose everything on the computer, though... bummer!!!

One good thing is that I am at least still in the running for one open position and I might be job shadowing later in the week.

Keep your fingers crossed for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment