Tuesday, June 8, 2010

6.8.10


The world lost a great woman yesterday. She was a great artist, a great aunt (and great-aunt), and all around an amazing friend.

Eric's aunt, Beverly Perkins, passed away last night from cancer complications. She was always buying the most interesting (and sometimes different) gifts from wherever she may find them and always had a knack for good drawing.

She was in a lot of pain, so it gives me some relief just knowing that she is no longer suffering. Eric made a good point this morning questioning what there is after life.

When someone fairly young passes away this question definitely comes into my head as well, but all I can do it hope that Bevy is somewhere peaceful and lovely and somewhere where she can be inspired to create art. Being sick she had lost her inspiration, so my one true hope is that she has found that again wherever that may be.

While Bevy was not my aunt by blood. I shared many stories and laughs with her and over the past few years have become very close to her. She might as well have been an aunt to me and she was definitely a friend...

We never got to say a proper goodbye to Bevy even though she was so close (in distance) to us now, but I know that she knows we loved her and cared about her until her final minutes and beyond.

Closure is a very difficult thing when realizing someone is gone forever and I hope the entire family and extended family find peace and closure with Bevy's death.

I know that just thinking about her and thinking of all the good times will certainly help.

We love you Bevy!

Rest In Peace Beverly Perkins

No comments:

Post a Comment