Thursday, June 10, 2010

6.10.10

Yesterday as I was going out to do my morning bike path bicycle ride I met a crazy automobile driver.

I was at the intersection of Marginal Way and Franklin Arterial in the middle lane that is designated as the "bike lane." It is a little awkward since it is in the middle of the road, but I was just doing what the bike rules told me to do. Anyway, this gas consumer is swerving behind me and then rolls up next to me yelling at me through her closed window. I motioned that I could not hear her so she rolled down her window and proceeded to scream and yell at me about not being in the middle of the road.. blah, blah, blah.

I informed her and showed her how I was in a bike lane and was just waiting for the red light to change. I was not in her way at all as she was taking a right turn, but she was still pissed.

She told me I was a fucking bitch and all kinds of other choice words. I told her to stop being ignorant and open her eyes and then told her just to be on her way. She burnt out and sped off down Franklin Arterial towards the Old Port.

As I was riding I was thinking about my blog. I was thinking how cool it would have been to write a cyclist beware post and put a photo of her license plate on the blog. I wish I had snapped a photo because this woman was so rude. Of course, this was in hindsight and I had not thought at the time of all this yelling to take out my camera phone and snap a photo.

Oh well.

If anyone sees a slightly overweight lady driving a nice new dark blue Nissan with a University of Maine sticker on the back windshield tell her to stop consuming oil and get a bicycle.

For now, I am trying to limit my driving to as little as absolutely necessary and have been biking everywhere even though it is raining like crazy and currently I am soaked.

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment