Wednesday, April 28, 2010

4/15/10 - 8:09 p.m.


All moved in!

We won our case against our old landlord and just as we think we are thousands of dollars richer we find out... nope, she will probably be appealing the judgment and back to Somerville we must go (once we find out the next court date, that is).

After Eric and Sadie sit out in the car for 3 hours while I am in court we head to the farm. But first, I need sunglasses and we must have our last "out to eat" meal. We go to this burrito joint. Not the last supper of kings, but pretty good.

Next, we stop at Eric's grandma and aunt's house in Wells, Maine to bid farewell, then it is the last hour and forty five minutes of our voyage.

We reach our destination around 4:30 pm and find our new bosses working the field. They were throwing down lime (lyme) to be more precise. The boys were enjoying the vacant tractor. I realize at that moment that this place is heavenly, but I know none of their jargin and have no clue hot to be a farmer or how to do physical labor for hours at a time, everyday.

"I'm scared," is a huge understatement.

The work is winding down and we get settled in the cabin.

I use the outhouse, no big deal.

The guy who used to live in the cabin comes by to get some of his remaining items. He seems like a very interesting guy, but he's got to be on his way. Off to Northern California.

Eric wants to buy his old subaru wagon. His dog's name is Bullet and he is rad. Sadie loves all of this..."puuupppyyy!!....byeeee!!!"

They leave, but before that the woman of the farm asks me if I know how to cook...yes of course...from scratch...umm... what???

Uhh... well, I have cooked this way before, but that does not mean I know how to very well. She plans on giving me cooking lessons.

Thank gawd I think, because if not we'd probably just starve.

We finish unpacking, Eric makes supper, Sadie freaks out because she is in a new place with no electricity, no water...only lanterns, buckets of water and flashlights; like the one I am using to write this right now. Anyway, it is roughly 8:30 p.m. Sadie and Eric are falling asleep and I am looking out at the remainders of what is one of the most beautiful views.

I am totally scared to death...

1 comment: